Wednesday, 3 March 2010

This and That

Just another quick update. First the good news: My brain scan looks to be clear and I fall into the category of 'normal'...(No jokes please) This is a relief and the first actual good news we have had for a while. The bad news comes in two parts. Firstly they are going to have to re-do the back operation completely because they suspect the needle in my spine is not sufficiently far in. This means that my pain levels are still high and I have had to resort to using a stick, so I am keen to get it fixed. Secondly I start chemotherapy on Monday for another full course. Although I am not looking forward to this I am hoping it will keep the spread at bay.
On a happier note I have just spent a great weekend in Glasgow where I did a poetry reading. My two sets were interspersed by excellent music performances and it was a great evening. In fact next weekend I am hoping to be back in Glasgow reading poetry on BBC Radio Scotland and attending the premiere of music written by Malcolm Lindsay (Television Society Award winner). His music has been written in response to three of my poems. I feel honoured indeed.
Let me leave you with a couple of family photographs in which we look better than normal, and bordering on alright.