I am happy to be back on my feet and possibly owe this to the steroids that have been introduced to my cocktail of drugs. Last week I was in hospital having a small operation on my back. It went well and morphine is now targeted specifically to the nerve sensors for the lower body. In other words, my head is a lot clearer. I have developed a tendency to headaches which is possibly a temporary side effect of the recent operation. The solution is to lie on one's back . . . tricky in Betty’s. On the subject of my head, my consultant is not fully persuaded that my brain is clear of the disease and as a result I had an MRI scan on Monday. I am awaiting the results and will of course let you know.
We are continuing to receive great support from our friends in Poppleton, meals, lifts, dog walkers and flowers have been forthcoming in adundance. We have also been very touched by messages of support from so many of you as we try to live as normally as possible in the circumstances.