Well, no one can say I'm not special. As they sent in the first bag of chemo, I experienced the usual side effects that they warned me about, but I also started to find it difficult to speak and actually form words (queue the Scottish jokes ...), which was obviously a neurological effect. None of the consultants in the hospital had ever come across this in their entire careers and so they stopped that particular infusion and the consultants went on-line. Apparently, and I quote, "A few doctors across the world have come across this, but it is exceedingly rare." They are bit concerned about it and so I am meeting up with my consultant before the next one so they can work out what to do, as it is important that I keep the treatment. Additionally, my haemoglobin is down at 7.6 and so I am booked in for a blood transfusion on Friday.
On the positive side, at the end of day 1 I can report feeling okay. Here's hoping I have another easy ride when it comes to side effects. Thank you to those of you supporting us in prayer and for all the kind thoughts and messages we have received. We are always very grateful for the number of people we have around us.