
Just a quick update. Thank you for the many texts and messages that I received as I went for the first of my four infusions on Wednesday. There were a lot of old associations and memories flying about on that day from my past chemo (not happy ones I'm afraid)and so sensing that I had a community of supporters out there really made a difference. I was plastered in EMLA cream, which has a numbing effect on the skin, in the hope that having a needle pushed up my vein might be more comfortable. In the end, however, they wouldn't allow it because I wouldn't have known if the needle had gone astray. Oh well, nice try. I will just have to be grown up about it!
I feel okay on day number two, with the help of the steroids and anti-nausea medication. I will struggle more as the treatment progresses, but for the moment all is well and I feel happy to have started it.
I will keep you informed. Thanks again for dialling into the blog and for the ongoing, invaluable support.