Monday, 7 July 2008

Update ...

On Wednesday I am going in for the third infusion and after that there will only be one more to go, on 30th July. Thus far I have been mercifully spared the many side effects I was promised. The pattern seems to be that I am a bit jaded for a few days after the treatment and I have a very slow day when I come off the steroids but thereafter – fine! I am trying to be sensible, but at times still overdo it a bit and get pretty tired. However, there is no broken skin, or mouth ulcers, or nausea, or vomiting, or exhaustion, or breathing difficulties, or laryngeal spasms … and of course only I could go the extent of shaving my head and then not lose a single hair. What I do have is pins and needles in my hands and face and this is brought on by any slight temperature change … but I am absolutely fine about that. It’s the least of my worries. Thank you for the many prayers that I know have been said.

So, on into summer! During late July and most of August Naomi is involved in the Theatre Royal production of The Railway Children, which is being staged in the National Railway Museum with a real steam locomotive! She is one of Perks’ children and, as you might imagine, is pretty excited about it … you know, just casually hanging about with cast members of The Bill and Life on Mars. As a family we will be spending time in the Lakes and Cornwall, so it is going to be a busy time, but great fun I am sure. I hope your summers are good and that we are all blessed with sunny weather. If you are going to be at the Greenbelt Festival, let me know so that we can meet up. If not, why not? You are missing out on a really good weekend!