Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Mixed News

Well, it's mixed news once again. On the positive side, tumours in my lungs appear slightly smaller. On the negative side, the main tumour in my pelvis is larger. The consultant has decided that my current regime has run its course and will be of no further benefit. So, I will be going onto the next 'combination' regime, which is much stronger, as and when there is any further growth in the pelvis. I am back in five weeks to have this checked out. If the pelvic tumour stays as it is, then I will stay off the chemo for now. However, as soon as it changes ... on I go. It is probably worth me upping my gym attendance to try and get as fit as possible in the hope that I might tolerate the new regime more than the doctor anticipates. He thinks it might help.

Mary and I are absorbing this latest news and in the meantime are getting on with things as normal. Little choice really. I have had a radically short haircut so that my children ( at home and at school)get used to me having next to no hair well in advance of the treatment. I think it's safe to say that my daughters hate it! (I'm willing to guess you don't like it either, mum ...) So I guess the next step is to leave photos of Right Said Fred about the house. (Martha stopped me on the stairs the other day as I jogged heartily down wearing shorts and sports vest, on my way to the gym. She eyed me for a moment and said, "I need to tell you dad ... that isn't a good look." Oooooh, she's such a tease!)

Thanks for visiting the blog. Stay in touch.