I am interviewing for a new Deputy Headteacher on May 2nd and it is an important appointment for obvious reasons. We spent £920 on a national advert and had an astonishing thirty applications! The applicants came to look round, well-versed in the school's recent(highly successful!)Ofsted report and saying very kind things about it. So I am there - talking earnestly, brow furrowed, being modest, explaining the school's vision for future development - and this requires me to bring the small group to my computer to see next year's School Improvement Plan. Now ... the day before, I had changed my screensaver to the one which sends random photographs from the computer slowly across the screen. I was aware of the group staring silently at the computer as I was trying to explain our bid for new Foundation Stage outdoor provision;not one of them seemed to be listening! "Hmmm," I mused. "This lot aren't making the best impression on me!" I turned and followed their gaze. Oh how sad I was to see the screen filled with the photo of Mary and I on 'Children In Need' day, Mary dressed as Maria Von Trapp and me dressed as the Mother Superior. So, I quickly and forcefully said, "Yes, and we like to raise funds for charity ... "
What do you think? Have I got away with it?
Scan results and CEA results on Tuesday. Will Blog again next week.