So, here is the news. The final chemo dose has been administered and I have just had a scan to see if it has done any good. I will get the results of the scan on December 11th, when I meet with my consultant. If it has done something then I will have the pleasure of having the course of chemo repeated! If it hasn’t had any affect then we will see what the good doctor suggests. I think either way there is a short course of radiotherapy coming in the near future to try and treat tumours which have, sadly, developed during the chemo. The effects of the chemo have accumulated and I have been a bit rough this week. I think it’s because I need another blood transfusion (I have had three) and I am seeing my GP tomorrow to try and get a blood test to measure my Full Blood Count. It will certainly be nice to feel a bit of energy again.
Family news - Joel and I had a trip to Scotland last weekend to see my brother, Simon. I have attached a photo below. It was great to see the sea again, if only for a very short time. Naomi is well, but losing faith in us. She fell over on an ice-rink last Saturday and ended up in First Aid with a very sore arm. I applied all my medical knowledge and experience and reckoned it “looked alright.” Mary agreed with me so we carefully applied a tubular bandage. We eventually took her to A&E on Monday – broken in two places! To be fair, it is one day better then when Martha tore all the ligaments in her foot last Easter. Martha and Mary are also well, looking forward to the end of term. It must be soon.
I will blog again with the results from our December 11th meeting. Thanks for visiting.