Well, we received very mixed news today when we went to get my scan results from the consultant. The good news is that the tumours in my lungs have been reduced by the chemo and that the cancer in my pelvis has not developed in any major way. Sadly, the tumours in my pelvis have not been reduced in any major way either. Disappointing. Also, another worrying possibility has emerged. There have been a few occasions when I have wakened up in a rather confused state. Mary has been unable to get any sense from me. The consultant has mentioned that this could POSSIBLY be a result of the cancer having spread to my brain. He has emphasised that he isn’t saying it is likely, or probable, but he does regard it as a possiblility. For that reason I have a brain scan booked for early January. Although this is an attempt to rule out this spread, we can’t help but be worried.
Other news, briefly, is that they will probably run the chemo regime again in mid-January, as it is possibly preventing further spread in the pelvis. I am okay with this, as I tolerated it pretty well this last time,
Anyway, we are all managing okay, so feel free to contact us by phone, email whatever. We are looking forward to Christmas and New Year … a nice quiet time??
My Christmas cards will be of an electronic nature – hope that’s okay.
I will keep you informed as to the scan times and the results
Thanks for visiting the blog.