Mark died this morning at about 7.40am. I was with him when he went. We were sleeping side by side in our hospital beds and I awoke as I became aware of silence. I think he had stopped breathing moments before and he left gently and peacefully.
As you might imagine, today is a significant moment in our long and unfinished journey of letting Mark go and grieving his loss. This difficult process has been made easier by the many gestures of support and kindness from Mark’s friends. We are grateful to you for that.
There will be a service of remembrance for Mark at his church in York, St Luke’s. Although the precise arrangements are yet to be made, it is likely that it will take place in the week commencing 16th August. Further details will be posted in due course. In the mean time myself and the children, Philip and Rosemary and their family and Simon will be taking our break in Devon from 7th; Joel has been counting and we are now at 5 sleeps...
Mary