I have just come back from visiting Mark. He is much more stable and the breathing problems and infection appear to be under control. He has been very tired and lacking in energy since Tuesday' s episode but managed to stand today for the first time. He is due to have an operation tomorrow at 3.30pm which is causing him some anxiety-he doesn't have a happy record as far as these things go. It is to fit a stent into his kidney (I thought he already had one, such is the limitation of my medical understanding, apparently that was just a tube (?)...) He is also a bit fed up and beginning to feel that he'll never escape from the bed and the ward but hopefully if he continues to improve in the same way his 'release' will become a more tangible prospect. He is anxious for me to pass on his thanks for texts etc. He is finding it difficult to respond at the moment- the focus and dexterity required is quite demanding.
If I can tear Martha away from Glee she will now put up some photos of the weekend so watch this space..!


