Just a quick blog ... I have just reached the 3/4 point of the treatment. Things are still okay on the whole. I am working full time and coping so far; in fact school seems quiet, too quiet! Last year I became the first Headteacher in the city to have had his Harvest Festival sale of produce picketed by a group of parents, because it was raising money for Unicef and as we all know charity begins at home! This year, however, we raised £90 for the Seeds For Africa appeal. Hmmm. Acceptance at last? Anyway, day to day life is pretty normal on the whole. Martha has been playing a few concerts with the Ayrshire Fiddlers, one of which was at a village ceilidh. It was a full affair, with children dancing up and down the hall. Joel, predictably, was in his element. Unfortunatley his frantic impromptu movement continued during the slow lament written to commemorate the death of a lifeboat crew in the Pentland Firth. People were very forgiving.
In terms of my general health, the only problem I have is with my left side. It has felt for some time that I am nursing what feels like a torn ligament or muscular strain at the top of my leg. However, it turns out I have a bone tumour high on my pelvic bone, and that this has begun to interfere with the soft tissue around it. A bit sobering. On good days I can walk slowly and reasonably normally. On bad days I am genuinely considering swallowing my pride and getting a stick. It comes and goes, but I am back on the painkillers I'm afraid. Let's hope the last two chemo doses do something to reduce the bulk. My other problem areas are still feeling much better. I will leave you with a couple of photos of the weanes.
Thanks for visiting the blog

